The second (final) round of the Olympiad «Formula of Unity» / «The Third Millennium» 2013/14 is intramural. It will be held in a number of places on February 26. The round will last for 4 hours.
Participants of the 2nd round include the winners of the first round as well as all those who received diplomas for winning in the Olympiad 2012/13 (lists were published earlier).
Rules of the 2nd round
- The official participants of the 2nd round include the winners of the 1st round as well as winners (i. e. those awarded with diplomas) of the Olympiads «Formula of Unity» and «The Third Millennium» in the year 2012–13.
«Out of competition» participants can include:
- up to 4 students from an organization hosting the 2nd round;
- all participants of the camps «Formula of Unity»;
- any other groups of students based on a prior agreement with the Organizing Committee.
- The duration of the 2nd round is 4 hours.
- The participants are to fill in a participant form they receive along with the problems. They have to bring their pens and some virgin paper. During the round, it is not allowed to use calculators, computers, mobile phones and other communication tools.
- Since the date of the 2nd round varies among countries, the Organizing Committee asks the participants and local organizers no to publish the problems before February 16.
- The preliminary results (for official participants and out of competition participants from the groups «A» and «B») will be published before the end of February. The appeals (requests to reconsider one’s solutions) can be submitted within 2 days thereafter.
- The winners of the 2nd round from the official participants will be awarded by diplomas of the Olympiad winners.
The winners of the 2nd round from the out of competition participants will be awarded by diploma of the 2nd round winners.
Information for organizations that host the 2nd round
- The Organizing Committee asks the local organizers to ensure participants’ compliance with the rules. The time necessary to fill in the participant form is not included into 4 hours provided for solving problems.
- The Olympiad papers are to be scanned and sent to fdi-[email protected]formulo.org not later than on the next day. The papers of participants of different grades should be e‑mailed in separate messages. Participant forms are to be e‑mailed along with the papers in the same messages. The subjects of the messages should include the words «Second round», the name of the host organization and the grade (R5, R6, etc).
- In case of any uncertainty, please contact the Organizing Committee by [email protected]imi.ras.ru.